Thursday, March 18, 2010

More from Anya Monzikova On Her Role in Iron Man 2!


The Russian actress reveals more about translating for Johansson and says that her character features in "...a climactic scene"!


We'll be seeing you again on the screen in Iron Man 2. I understand you applied for one job, and surprisingly ended up with two.
Yeah, I was booked on the job and after a couple of days of being on set, Jon Favreau was like, "Oh my God, you speak Russian, don't you?" And I said, "Yes," and he asked if I could translate a few things for Scarlett Johansson's character. I did a little dialect coaching, a little pronunciation and translation for her.

Afterwards, Jon came over and asked which takes I liked best for pronunciation. For me, who'd studied film, it was such a cool moment to have the director asking my opinion. It felt really rewarding -- that I am in the right place at the right time, and doing the right thing for my career; because as you work and try to break down walls and try to progress, with each project you go a little bit further.


Can you tell us a little about the character you play in the film?
Well, I can't really reveal too many details, but it's a smaller part in one of the larger scenes. My character's name is Rebekah. It's a little bit of a heavy scene, and a climactic scene as well so I can't really give it away.



Iron Man 2 hits theaters on May 7, 2010 (April 28, worldwide)

No comments:

Post a Comment